Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday cakes, and more birthday cakes!

So far this year I've make 6 cakes [or batches of cupcakes] and that's only two girls' birthdays down! I think I can make a gluten free cake without a recipe now!
I'm using a slight variation of the gluten free wacky cake recipe I posted on the blog last year:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour [I use the Bette Hagman flour blend with 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan or guar gum]
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup water

The best thing about this recipe is that you DON'T NEED AN ELECTRIC MIXER so it's super fast to whip up with a bowl and wooden spoon, and also quick to clean up! The next best thing is HOW GOOD IT TASTES. I've had several people ask me for the recipe recently because it tasted so good.

I don't have photos of all the cakes - I should have taken a photo of the 60+ cupcakes I made last Monday, but alas, I forgot about my poor neglected blog. I've been spending a lot of time on Facebook since I discovered it just before moving. It's been fantastic to keep up with friends, and make contact with people I'd lost track of years ago. Bit of a time-waster, though.

I'm hoping to get back into my craft [and therefore my blog] in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment