Friday, September 17, 2010

Gluten free melting moments

The other week I made melting moments - something I've been wanting to bake for ages. I haven't made them for years. I have to admit, they're not very good for you [LOTS of butter] but so yummy it's worth making them for a special treat. I checked my recipe books on the shelf, then looked online, and then made up my own recipe based on my research:

MICHELLE'S MELTING MOMENTS
250g butter
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour [gluten free of course - I make up the Bette Hagman mixture]
1/2 cup cornflour
1 tsp vanilla
Filling:
60g butter
1 tsp lemon rind
3 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cup icing sugar

Beat butter, icing sugar & vanilla essence with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add flours and mix until a soft dough forms. Pipe rounds with large star nozzle onto a baking paper-lined tray. Bake at 160C for 15 minutes. Cool on tray.

For filling: beat butter, lemon juice and lemon rind until pale. Add icing sugar and beat until combined. Refrigerate until required.

Assemble biscuits and enjoy!!

These biscuits are AMAZING. You don't have to pipe them if you don't want to: roll small balls and flatten them slightly with the back of a fork. You MUST however cool them on the baking tray or they will just crumble everywhere. Don't ask me how I know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment